Online Casino Gambling Guide – Help, Tips & Tricks for Casino
Whether you are new to playing online casino, or have been playing for a while, this online casino gambling guide will help you pick up some tricks and hints for all your favourite games including roulette, slots, blackjack, poker and craps.
From choosing a good casino as a beginner, to trying to get an edge in online slots, our team of casino experts have put together the ultimate guide and how to articles to help you get the most from the online casino.
A Beginners Guide to Online Casinos
When you first sign-up for an online casino it can be a daunting prospect. Not only are you trying to find the best casino sign-up bonus, but you are looking for a casino you like the look and feel of too. You would not go into a real casino that you didn’t like the look of from the outside, so don’t use an online casino which you get the same feel for.
Around compareUKcasino.com, you will find over 50 casinos compared, reviewed and written about, whether it be about their welcome bonus, slots or simply how to use the casino, we will have you covered.
This comprehensive online casino guide will be with you every step of the way, starting at the very beginning – finding a casino you like.
Finding the best online casino for you
Welcome Offer – All casinos will offer you a bonus when you join them, but there are many different types of bonus, with a lot of terms and conditions. If you are opening your very first casino account, we’d advise going for something with no wagering requirements and at the moment, Play Ojo are one casino offering this. They give you free spins after you make a deposit, and this will bed you in nicely to their product. If you don’t like it, the beauty is you can move on and get another free spins bonus.
Variety of Games – If you are new to the online casino, you will probably want to try out a few different games. Therefore you want a casino with different options and a wide range of things to try. For example, you could play the different types of slots before moving onto a table game such as roulette or blackjack. For the more advanced player, craps or bacarrat might be an option and then there is 3 card poker.We’d advise starting on the slots and trying your luck with free spins.
Existing Customer Offers – Once you have claimed your welcome bonus and played with it, you will be on the lookout for more promotions. Most casinos will have offers for their existing customers to keep them from changing casino. This could be a loyalty program, free spins, a bonus for playing, rewards for playing a certain slot or game, or the chance to win prizes. Each online casino will probably have a ‘promotions’ tab where you will be able to see all of these offers.
Casino Safety and Security – There are so many casinos out there now, that you need to be sure you are placing your bets somewhere secure and safe. All the casino offers we promote are through UK casinos who have gone through strict compliance checks from the UK Gambling Commission. This regulation means all your personal details are safe and any money you deposit is protected. Always double check if you are unsure about the legitimacy of an online casino.
Online Casino Guide to Slots
Playing slots is probably the most popular sector of online casinos so it is really helpful that you know all the vital details about these types of games. There are always 100’s of slot games to choose from so have a play around and see which style you prefer.
Below you will find out 10 step guide to picking the best online slot:
- Find a good sign-up offer – A good free spins bonus means you can try out slots without risking your own money. Even if the free spins are only worth a small amount, they are worth getting your hands on so you can try a few different slot games.
- Try and find a no deposit bonus – if you can get a no deposit bonus for playing slots, even better. This means you will get free money to play slot machines online without needing to deposit into your account.
- Don’t think you’ll win eventually – if you are playing with the theory that the more you put into a slot, the more likely you are to win, this isn’t true. Online slots use random number generators to give the outcome (they are not fixed) so whether it’s your 2nd or 222nd spin, you are as likely to win.
- Try out the Megaways slots – Megaways slot games give you a hung amount of win lines, and when you hit a winning spin, the winning symbols will drop out and move everything else on those lines down – this means you can get more that one win from a single spin. The winners keep adding up until you don’t hit a line.
- Look for existing customer promotions – Most casinos will have promotions for their existing customers and these can get your free spins, rebuy refunds and more. Look at the ‘promotions’ section of your favourite casino and see what you can get for playing slots. In our Betfred Casino vs Paddy Power Casino comparison, we found some very good promotions from these two online casino giants.
- Give progressive slots a go – These are the slots where the jackpot goes up every time somebody has a spin. These offer the biggest jackpots and if you’ve landed on our online casino gambling guide looking for ways to beat the casino, progressive slots might be your option. A small stake can payout a 6-figure win.
- Set limits and try different slots – Set a limit of say, 20 or 30 spins on each game and try out a few different online slots. With so many to choose from, you are going to like and hate some. They all have a different way of playing, rewarding and giving out bonuses.
- Find a bonus game you like – With slots, some will give you a scatter bonus. This means you could get free spins from the bonus game, or something like expanding wilds or a completely different new game to play. Some bonuses are more like pub fruit machines and some are more focused towards traditional reel based slot machines. Try and land a few bonuses on different games to pick your favourites.
- Be Sensible – When trying out slots, there is no need to play for hours at a time. Take your time in learning about online slots and if there are any tips and tricks you should be familiar with. Start of with very small stakes per spin and when you get more confident and have found the type of slot you like, you can increase your stakes if you wish.
- Have fun – The most important thing about playing online slots is having fun. Keep your stakes sensible and look out for that bonus!
The Best Casino Games
Like with a lot of the things in this online gambling casino guide, this will largely come down to personal preference. However, we can point you in the direction of some of the best online casino games you might like to play, away from slots.
When playing these games, known as table games, be sure that you know how it works because otherwise, your stakes could rise very quickly on games such as Craps, Bacarrat and 3 Card Poker. That is why we recommend starting off on either Blackjack or Roulette.
What is Roulette in a Casino?
When you decide you want to start playing roulette there are a few basic rules you should know. You can place bets on each spin but you only have an allotted time to do so if you are playing live casino. Once the betting timer is at zero, you won’t be able to place any more bets.
First thing you need to do is select the chip value you want to play with. If you are betting on individual numbers, the smallest bet might be 10-, 25p or 50p. The outside bets (odd/even, number 1-18/19/32, tiers, black/red or columns) will be larger, maybe £5 minimum. You can then start placing your bets. If you are playing the traditional roulette you then press spin. On live roulette, the dealer will spin the wheel. Await for the result and if you have hit a winner, you will see the winnings go straight into your balance.
Online roulette is a game of total luck. There is no skill involved, there are no magic theories to beat the casino on the roulette wheel and it is not fixed. Live casino you can see the wheel spinning and the dealer starting the ball and online roulette works on a random number generator system.
There are always roulette sign-up bonuses you can use and this would be recommended as you can get up to £300 as a casino welcome offer when you join new online casinos today.
Roulette Sign-up Bonuses
150% Bonus up to £150
Open a new 32Red casino account and get a bonus up to 150% of your first deposit.
Up to £400 Welcome Offer & 175 Free Spins
Choose your offer when joining Mayfair casino to get either 50 free spins or a £200 refund.
Stake £10 get 50 Free Spins (winnings paid in cash)
No Deposit £5 & up to £500 Welcome Bonus
Open a new Monster Casino account and get a no deposit £5 credited to your account.
Best Online Casino for Blackjack in the UK
If you want to try out blackjack as a beginner, or just want to know what the best online casino is to play blackjack, we’re on hand to help you with our online casino gambling guide for 2020. It is also likely you will need a blackjack bonus to start playing and you can get the two we have featured alongside this article – there is a bet £10 get £40 Unibet sign-up bonus which means if you spend £10 on Blackjack, you get an additional £40 to spend on the tables.
Unibet are a good choice for the best online casino for blackjack because they have a wide range of tables you can play including single deck and the classic blackjack where you can play up to 5 hands at a time. They also have live blackjack on their site where you are dealt your cards by a live dealer.
Almost every casino will have Blackjack tables so you need to go to our best mobile casino sign-up offers page where you will see all the offers. The ones you are looking for are cash sign-up offers such as “get £200 matched deposit” or “bet £10 get £40 to play online blackjack with”.
Win up to 500 Free Spins
Spin the mega wheel and earn up to 500 free spins on your first deposit. Play over 1000 games with fast withdrawals and fi...
When you are playing blackjack, one of the key rules we would stick to is to be consistent with your play. Do not try to chase your losses by upping your stake on certain hands as this will not be profitable in the long-run. Stick to your favourite blackjack strategy and eventually, the cards will fall in your favour.
If you are playing Blackjack for the very first time, our online casino help section will guide you through Blackjack for beginners and teach you the basics of playing this popular game. There will also be help and advice for when you should hit and when you should stand, and when to split or double, and when to just play your hand.